Let me start my blog by saying, Holy WATCHMEN! What a read that was! I remember Dr. H saying how much analyzing could be done on just a few panels. With how long and detailed the comic is, I wonder what it would be like to sit there and analyze the entire thing. I'm sure it would be super intense! I can't say I've ever been a huge fan of the Watchmen, nor did I read the comic before this class, my first experience was the midnight premiere of the movie that came out a few years ago. The group of friends I went with had all been crazy about the watchmen, a kind of nerd crush on them. They were determined to see it no matter what, and although we had the means to get to theatre, getting into the R rated movie was going to be an epic challenge on it's own. The first R rated movie I ever snuck into, and I was freaking out the entire time because I was so nervous. The movie was good, but reading the comic was way better! It was a long comic, but it was so good! Every panel was just like a movie and I couldn't wait to get to the next page.
So, here's a question for all of you for that play video games. why is it that all "evil" characters are way more badass, or stronger than the heroes? This question was sparked from when some brothers of mine and myself were playing Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, a Super Smash Bros. rip off, where all the PS superheroes and some villains fight each other. I noticed that all the evil characters are way stronger than the good ones. If good is supposed to always win, why do these characters seem to put the hurt down no matter what?
Going off that, after the Real Life Superheroes lesson I thought about what if there were real life super-villains? Like i know gang related violence and other things are a the villains of the real world, but is there anyone that claims to have superpowers and uses it for evil? That was just one of the many crazy ideas I had about that documentary.
I've also wondered why the "evil" guys always seem more badass. Perhaps it is to show that good can triumph regardless of what it faces.
ReplyDelete