Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reflection #6

I'm going to start off by saying this is probably one of my favorite topics to talk about. My friends and I were pretty crazy as little kids and we had no limit to our imaginations.

As kids we spent the majority at one particular friend's house. It was pretty awesome because to us the house was a mansion, as he came from a more affluent family than anyone else in the group. We essentially turned every floor in the house into a different battleground as we created our own superhero identities and our powers, as clever kids as we were we usually made our powers up on the spot to beat out all the others playing with us. After awhile we took our after school adventures to school during our recess. We created the ultimate adventure on the playground, most of the time it was a "save the princess" game where we all attempted to either capture or save the princess who was almost always our love interest at the time. The one time that I was suppose to save the princess, I used a "secret passage way" (really a break in the playground equipment) to sneak in to the "jail" where our friend was being held hostage and sneak right back out. Ultimately, I was probably the coolest kid on the playground that day for using this magic break in the equipment to complete our game. It was the coolest day ever.

I'd like to think that I am still as creative as I was back when I was a little kid. I work at a mexican restaurant when I am back in my hometown, and my creativeness came through in how I managed to do multiple jobs at once. I would serve food, clean tables, and grab refills all in the matter of a few minutes. Sundays were our "hell day" as we had an all day buffet set up. This was probably the busiest day of the week and there was hardly ever a moment for rest. Clearing plates off tables (and doing other customer service related tasks) became somewhat of a strategy game for me. I would plan out my way through the restaurant grabbing plates, filling drinks, and cleaning tables. I would try to do it all before returning back into the kitchen. I would get into the zone, and make it as creative as possible.

The superhero that I'd like to discuss as far as creativeness to solve an issue is Tony Stark in the movie Iron Man 2. Throughout the movie we learn that Tony is being poisoned by the device that keeps him alive. In order to fight off the villain of the movie and keep himself alive he had to essentially build a new element to power his arc reactor and then was ultimately able to beat the bad guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment